Prescott 928-771-9015 | Prescott Valley 928-759-8575 | Cottonwood 928-649-9247 | Williams 928-635-2006 | Flagstaff 928-774-5711 | BOOK NOW [email protected]

Travel ID for Arizonans – October 2021 is Approaching – Fast Facts by FooteWork Auto License and Title Service

Federal law states that a federally recognized identification will be required to board a domestic commercial airline, enter any federal building, military base, or nuclear facility by October 1, 2021.  Until October 1, 2021 all regularly issued state identification or driver license will be accepted to fly commercially.

travel id airport

If you choose not to have a Travel ID by October 1, 2021, a U.S. Passport can be used in place of a Travel ID to board a commercial airline, or to enter any federal building, military base, or nuclear facility.

A Travel ID is only good for 8 years at a time or until age 65, whichever is shorter. After age 65, Travel ID’s are good for only 5 years at a time from date of issuance.

A Travel ID will not allow you to travel outside the United States. You will need a US Passport to do this.

Travel ID notation can be issued as a driver license or identification card.

Additional documentation is required for any type of Travel ID.

A full list of required documents can be found at or by asking a FooteWork staff member. Contact FooteWork.

NOTE: The MVD can only issue Commercial Driver License (CDL) Travel ID’s

Arizona Travel ID Identification Requirements

Three categories of identification documents are required. Categories are listed below with examples of qualifying documents. All documents must be originals or certified copies in English, certified by the issuing agency.  Bring them with you when applying for a Travel ID.

  • Here is a link to the Travel ID Requirements
  • Applicants must apply in person, but fill out the application before visiting an office.
  • Bring One Document: Proof of Identity (Birth certificate; U.S. Passport; Passport Card)
  • If you need a certified copy of an Arizona birth certificate, the Arizona Department of Health Services now accepts online orders with expedited processing.
  • Bring One Document: Proof of Social Security Number (Social Security card; W-2 form)
  • To order a replacement Social Security card visit the Social Security Administration website and establish an account.
  • Bring Two Documents: Proof of Arizona Residency– two printed documents with your current Arizona residential address (Utility bills; Credit Card / Bank statements; insurance policy)
  • Note: If your current legal name is different from the one shown on a document, you must show legal proof of name change, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order.

Those who don’t have the required residency documents must complete an Arizona Residency Affidavit and supply additional proof of residency.

Contact FooteWork Auto License and Title Service for more info.

Travel ID Requirements


Please note the following before booking:

*Appointments are setup for a maximum of 2 transactions. If additional work is required, please book additional appointments or contact our offices for additional assistance.

*Please book separate appointments for driver license/ ID and vehicle transactions.

- To make your appointment, click the button below -

Book an appointment with Footework Auto License and Title Service