Prescott 928-771-9015 | Prescott Valley 928-759-8575 | Cottonwood 928-649-9247 | Williams 928-635-2006 | Flagstaff 928-774-5711 | BOOK NOW [email protected]

Just Moved Here? Come see Us!

If you have just moved to Arizona, welcome to our beautiful state! A couple things you should do first is change your driver’s license and title and registration on your vehicles. We can help make it easy!

Driver License Types

Driver’s License

Allows you to drive any vehicle that does not require a motorcycle or commercial license. Licenses are issued by “class”: G for graduated, D for operator, M for motorcycle, and A, B, C for commercial. If the Class M license is combined with any other class of license, it will be added as an endorsement on the back of the current license.

  • Operator License (Class D): An operator license allows you to drive any vehicle that does not require a motorcycle or commercial license. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for an operator license.
  • Motorcycle License (Class M): A motorcycle license or endorsement is required to drive a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. You must be at least 16 to apply for a motorcycle license.
  • Commercial Driver License (Class A, B or C): A commercial driver license (CDL) is required for drivers of heavyweight vehicles, 26,001 lbs. or more gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), vehicles hauling a trailer that is 10,001 lbs. (GVWR)or more where the combined GVWR is 26,001 lbs or more, vehicles capable of carrying 16 or more passengers (including the driver), or vehicles required to be placarded for hazardous material.
  • Graduated Driver License (Class G): If you are at least 16, but less than 18 years of age you will be issued a graduated driver license that is valid to operate with restrictions any vehicle that does not require a motorcycle or commercial driver license.
Arizona Voluntary Travel ID

The Arizona Voluntary Travel ID is the credential that complies with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. The Voluntary Travel ID will be available as both a driver license and identification card. As its name suggests, Arizona residents have the option to obtain a Voluntary Travel ID.

Read more here:

Instruction Permit

Teenagers at least age 15 years and six months may be issued a graduated and/or motorcycle instruction permit. The recipient must be accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 and occupies the seat beside the driver. These permits are valid for 12 months.

There is also a commercial driver license permit. Recipients must be at least 18 to apply. These are valid for six months.

Under 21 Driver License

The license has a vertical format and displays the date when the licensee reaches age 21.

Title and Registration

The following are requirements to obtain an Arizona title, registration and license plate for a vehicle previously titled or registered in another state. Out-of-state vehicles require proof of ownership.

Emissions Test

Before you register, your vehicle may need an emissions test. The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality is responsible for the emission testing program and laws. For more information contact the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality at 877.692.9227 (877.MYAZCAR) or

Vehicle Insurance

Arizona requires that every motor vehicle operated on roads in the state be covered by liability insurance through a company that is authorized to do business in Arizona. This includes golf carts, motorcycles and mopeds.

Minimum levels of financial responsibility are:

  • $15,000 bodily injury liability for one person and $30,000 for two or more persons
  • $10,000 property damage liability

Insurance companies notify MVD of all policy cancellations, non-renewals and new policies. If your insurance company sends a notice that your policy is no longer active, MVD will send you an inquiry notice to verify insurance status. Failure to maintain proper insurance could lead to the suspension of your vehicle registration and/or driver license.

Proof of Ownership

Your out-of-state title and registration must be surrendered at the time of application for Arizona title and registration. When a loan has been recorded against the vehicle and the title is being held by a lender in another state, the registration is still needed, although the title may not be required.

Loan Information

All liens on your existing title will be recorded on the new Arizona title unless you provide an original lien clearance from the lender (or a letter on the lender’s letterhead) that contains the vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make and body style of the vehicle, the original loan amount, the date of the contract, and the lender’s complete name and mailing address.


All applicants listed on the application for Arizona title must sign the application. An original, notarized power of attorney is acceptable to allow an appointed person to sign on behalf of one or more of the owners.

Ninety Day Registration

An Arizona resident who does not have complete documentation for issuance of a title or registration may apply for a 90-day registration. This registration allows you to operate the vehicle while obtaining additional documentation.  The fee is $15. When complete documentation is submitted, vehicle license taxes will be calculated, for the full year, back to the date of issuance of the 90-day registration.

Plates/Special Plates

Out-of-state license plates must be surrendered when you obtain Arizona plates. Special plates are available for most vehicles.

Faster, Friendlier, FooteWork!

As a third party MVD office, FooteWork can make any vehicle related process fast and friendly! Come see us at one of our four offices in Prescott, Prescott Valley, Williams and Cottonwood. As your licensed and bonded one stop motor vehicle registration and driver license office, FooteWork provides faster, friendlier services with shorter wait times.  For a nominal convenience fee, you’ll leave our offices with a new driver license, vehicle title, registration or license plate in as little as 10 minutes.


Please note the following before booking:

*Appointments are setup for a maximum of 2 transactions. If additional work is required, please book additional appointments or contact our offices for additional assistance.

*Please book separate appointments for driver license/ ID and vehicle transactions.

- To make your appointment, click the button below -

Book an appointment with Footework Auto License and Title Service